A few ingredients and 5 minutes is all you need to whip up this simple, no bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Dip. You can dip, spread or eat it straight from the spoon. A fun dessert that is ready in no time? Yes please!
If you are a sucker for all things cheesecake, then you are going to want to keep this simple, no bake Red Velvet Cheesecake Dip recipe LITERALLY in your back pocket. I promise.
The rich color is not the only amazing part of this sweet treat–if it was, we would be in trouble. The rich, chocolatey tangy flavor of this creamy dip is where it’s at!!!
I first fell in love with Cheesecake dip when I whipped up this Blueberry Cheesecake Dip for the very first time. But this Red Velvet flavor seriously takes the cake. And, there is a bonus to this recipe.
I know it’s only the first week of January, but as I was cruising through the aisles at the grocery and sure enough, there was a big Valentine’s Day aisle set up with all sorts of chocolates and goodies.
What does that mean? You guessed it: I realized how perfect this no bake cheesecake dip would be for the day all about red hearts and love.
This Red Velvet Cheesecake Dip is Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I have plenty of chocolate and goodies on the blog but not really much at all in the way of Valentine’s Day specific recipes. This new dip will most certainly serve as my trademark recipe for cupid’s holiday, ok? Ha.
If you haven’t had a cheesecake dip before, you are in for a treat. In a matter of minutes, you can have a creamy, rich dip that your graham crackers are gonna be diving right into for sure.
What you will need to make this Red Velvet Cheesecake Dip:
- cream cheese: One block of softened cream cheese will do. I used full fat, regular cream cheese.
- powdered sugar: This will give the dip a nice sweetness and a bit of structure as well when chilled.
- cocoa powder: if you really want the red to show, avoid a dark cocoa if possible.
- red food coloring: Adjust this to make it super rich in color or not so rich. I know there are natural food colorings out there so feel free to opt for those. Fun fact: red velvet cakes were originally given their color from beetroot so have at it if that’s your pleasure!
- chocolate chips: these are optional. If you want your dip to be super smooth, then ditch them. You can also just add chocolate shavings or sprinkles to the top if that sounds better. I added them one time when testing and left them out another. I like the creamy version probably a touch better but I have no reason to say no to more chocolate if that’s what I am dealt on another day.
Fun ways to serve this No Bake Cheesecake Dip:
- The obvious ways to enjoy work for sure. Use your fave dippers: graham crackers (chocolate grahams too!), marshmallows, butter cookies, pretzels, a piece of chocolate, strawberries, etc.
- Sandwiched right between two amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies–doesn’t that sound incredible??
- I am sure a nice stuffed French Toast on Valentine’s Day–or really any day would make your honey swoon.
- Straight from the spoon. Seriously, that’s how I eat this Red Velvet Dip most of the time.
Hit me up with any other ideas. I know you are going to love this Red Velvet Cheesecake Dip, and I also know you are going to love how simple it is to whip up!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Red Velvet Cheesecake Dip
- 1 8oz. block of cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 T cocoa powder
- 1 tsp red food coloring (more or less to your liking)
- pinch of sea salt
- chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium bowl, using a hand or standing mixer, beat the powdered sugar and cream cheese until creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add in the vanilla, salt and cocoa powder and beat until thoroughly mixed. Finally, add in the food coloring and mix–add more if you prefer a richer color. If desired add in about 1/4 c of chocolate chips (I chopped mine up) and stir to mix in.
- Technically, you can eat this cheesecake dip right away, but if you can wait, chill it for about . 15-30 minutes to allow the flavor to really set in. Enjoy with your favorite dippers!