What’s better than a pumpkin muffin? Pumpkin Carrot Muffins! These simple, cozy muffins are packed with carrot, raisins, pecans, and all the goodness. Fall is coming so get ready for easy baking!
Pumpkin in August? I know, I know.
Please forgive me. I have always always been the one who has been adamant about keeping pumpkin recipes out of August, and even September sometimes.
This year, I got the pumpkin itch earlier than usual. It’s not even halfway through August and here I am, diving in full force to pumpkin. To be fair, this is not a Pumpkin Spice anything. It’s just a muffin recipe that contains pumpkin.
Carrot cake is my absolute favorite thing out there. So any excuse to whip up a muffin inspired by my favorite, I jump on it.
I had a couple cans of pumpkin in the back of the pantry that were not going to make it to fall this year. Summer pumpkin should really be a thing in my opinion. And since it can be canned, I wonder why I am not eating it all the more year round.
I guess I really am more of a seasonal eater. Who knew!
Pumpkin Carrot Muffins for the win!
If you like your muffins packed full of all sorts of goodness, then you are gonna LOVE these Pumpkin Carrot Muffins. Big juicy raisins, chopped nuts, shredded carrot–my kind of muffin!
Since I am getting these to you before the school year may be kicking off, you can have a couple batches in the freezer and ready to go when the little ones are heading out the door on a hectic morning. These are perfect for lunch boxes, don’t you agree?
Slow morning? All the more reason to whip up a fresh batch. Sip of some coffee, share a muffin with someone special and make some cozy morning memories. Baked goods tend to have that sort of impact, don’t you agree?
But you will have to wait a bit still to enjoy these with a Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand. Forgive me???
What you need to make these Pumpkin Carrot Muffins:
- oil: I used canola oil.
- brown sugar: use light versus dark.
- milk: whole milk is what I used.
- baking soda: always make sure it’s fresh!
Notes and Pro-Tips For Making these Pumpkin Carrots Muffins:
- Ok, so raisins aren’t your thing–I get it, not everyone loves them. Go ahead and skip them. If you are feeling something else, you could add some coconut maybe? Oooooh, that sounds good–maybe I will be adding that next time!
- As with any baked good, always make sure the baking soda is fresh. It can make or break your muffins, trust me. I am the one who is really good at never having fresh baking soda or powder. I finally had one too many ruined baked goods to realize it was not worth it. Keep it fresh friends!
- If you want to make these gluten free, you should be ok with a 1:1 all purpose gluten free flour.
- I used whole milk when making these Pumpkin Carrot Muffins. I have not tried them with a dairy free milk at the time of publication so can’t promise the same results if you go that route.
Want more muffin recipes? Try these!
Pumpkin Carrot Muffins
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin
- 1 c carrot, shredded
- 1/3 c oil
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1/2 c raisins
- rolled oats (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin, oil, sugars and vanilla. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in carrots, pecans and raisins.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined muffin cup tin and fill each muffin cup almost to the top. Sprinkle with rolled oats if desired.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes up clean. Allow to cool and enjoy!