The thought of a big gooey cinnamon roll in the morning may seem amazing, but an hour or so later when the sugar rush subsides, the decision to start the day with one may become a regret. Breakfast is the easiest meal for me to make healthy choices. I know the impact of having a good hearty breakfast and my mornings are typically very demanding of my energy so I don’t want to mess around. But sometimes, you just want a cinnamon roll, right?! These Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats can satisfy that craving and also keep you going all morning long.
The special ingredient that makes these oats simply irresistible is the cinnamon cashew cream. I experimented a bit recently with cashews and they really can make a decadent cream given the right amount of time and patience. If you soak cashews overnight and blend them with a small amount of water, a thick cream is the result. Add some maple and cinnamon and you have got a cream that you will be eating straight from the blender! The cream is worth waiting the extra time, I promise!
As with all the overnight oats recipes, eat these warm or cold, either way is perfectly fine. I always make several at a time so I have breakfast waiting for me in the morning all week. I also will have these as an afternoon snack sometimes because I am a believer that breakfast is acceptable for any part of the day! So go ahead and enjoy your cinnamon roll, and feel really good about it too!
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 T cashew cream directions to make below
- 1 T flax
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp maple
- Dash of sea salt
- For cashew cream: Soak 1/2 cup of unsalted cashews for about 6-8 hours or overnight. Drain the cashews and then add to a blender along with 1 tsp maple syrup, 2 T water, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Blend until smooth. If it seems too thick, add a bit more water. Trust me, you will want leftovers of this because it is delicious! This should make enough for you to do about two batches of the oats so plan accordingly if you want to make more.
- For the oats: Combine all ingredients listed above in a jar or container that can be sealed and stir well.
- Store in the fridge overnight.
- Add more milk in the morning if needed.
- If you want to add a cinnamon drizzle, whisk together 1 T maple syrup and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Drizzle over top of oats.
- Eat warm or cold.