Simple and cozy, this Banana Baked Oatmeal is a perfect way to start the day. Hearty oats, a hint of cinnamon, bananas, maple and more make this easy recipe a hit with the whole family!
Two things I love: oats and banana bread.
So when they get tossed together in one dish, you know I am all in. 100% .
Breakfast is a no brainer for me. I have to have it. But I also love it to be ready for me when I get up. Overnight Oats are one way of doing this. Baking up a big pan of this Banana Baked Oatmeal is another simple and delicious option.
Yes, I said Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal–you heard me right. This warm, cozy and super simple baked oatmeal recipe is about to rock your breakfast world.
I could really go on and on, but I also know you don’t have a lot of time on your hands, so let’s cut to the chase.
What’s so great about this baked oatmeal recipe?
- it uses up ripe bananas
- it’s as easy as stir and bake
- it warms up easily as leftovers
I know that sitting down to breakfast as a family is not always something we have time for anymore. But when breakfast is a piece of cake to throw together, that helps, right?
And, even if everyone is in a hurry in the morning, the cinnamon lingering in the air as this banana baked oatmeal is cooking will make them stop, and maybe even sit for a minute or two.
A girl can dream, right?
I don’t think you are gonna get any arguments if this is what you make for them in the morning. Promise.
What you will need to make this baked oatmeal recipe:
- rolled oats
- ripe bananas
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- chopped nuts: these are optional. I like to toss them on top before putting this baked oatmeal in the oven.
Some notes and pro-tips for making this Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal:
- I learned my lesson recently on what to do if you are out of baking powder. I SWORE I had some. Had everything out to make it and could not find it. Thanks to google, I was able to make my own. 2 parts cream of tartar mixed with 1 part baking soda. Thank goodness for that! The more you know, right?
- Even though you slice this up, it’s still more or less a dish that you eat with a fork or spoon. So take full advantage of that with all the delicious garnishes: yogurt, maple syrup, whipped cream, you name it!
- After making this banana baked oatmeal, cut it into individual slices and place into single serving storage containers. That will make on the go mornings so simple for everyone!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY BREAKFAST RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- BLUEBERRY BAKED FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
- PUMPKIN PIE BAKED OATMEAL
- BANANA BREAD OVERNIGHT OATS
- STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE MUFFINS
- CARROT CAKE BAKED DONUTS
- TRIPLE VANILLA DONUTS WITH MAPLE GLAZE
- EASY HOMEMADE POP TARTS
- COCONUT ALMOND CRUSTED FRENCH TOAST
- CHERRY ALMOND PANCAKES
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- 2 1/2 c rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 1/2 cup milk of choice ( I use whole)
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 T brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T butter melted
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 c chopped pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add in melted butter and whisk. Next add the maple, vanilla and egg and whisk until egg is fully incorporated. Finally, add milk, cinnamon and brown sugar and stir well. (You really can add in all the wet ingredients at once, but I find it easier to just do a few at a time. Whatever works best for you!
- In a small bowl, stir together baking powder, oats and salt. Pour into the the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9X9 or a small casserole dish (mine here is about a 2 quart and is 8×11 and works well too.)
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until the edges just start to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup or with a few slices of banana for garnish.