Sweet Potato Morning Glory Muffins
Sweet Potato Morning Glory Muffins. Rise and shine with these fluffy moist muffins packed with carrots, coconut, raisins and pecans--plus sweet potato! Breakfast of champs.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 c sweet potato puré or mashed sweet potatoes (about 3 medium sweet potatoes, you can use pumpkin as well)
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c milk of choice
- 2 T oil (canola, melted coconut, or favorite cooking oil)
- 1/3 - 1/2 c real maple syrup
- 2/3 c shredded carrot
- 2/3 c raisins (1/2 c is fine too, I just love raisins)
- 1/2 c chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 c shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 350°F. Put muffin liners into a 12 muffin tin and spray cooking oil into each of the muffin cups. (Don't skip this, I promise you will be happy you didn't!)
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder and set aside.
In another bowl, combine sweet potato, oil, egg, maple and milk and mix together to combine. (For best results, mix by hand and not a mixer.)
Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix together.
Fold in raisins, carrots, coconut, and nuts.
Scoop into muffin tin and fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.
Bake for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick comes up clean.
Cool for 15 minutes before enjoying. Store at room temperature in an air tight container for 4-5 days.