Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Fire up the grill and let burger season begin! These Sun-Dried Tomato, Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers are full of flavor and goodness. Throw these on the grill or make them on the stove, either way these juicy burgers will be a great BBQ recipe!
Servings: 4 burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 c chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 c feta crumbles
- 1/3 c sun-dried tomatoes (excess oil strained)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 T breadcrumbs (regular or gluten free)
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well to combine. (hands work great here, not gonna lie)
Form mixture into 4, 1/4 lb. patties. (You are more than welcome to form smaller burgers as well!)
For stove top: Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place burgers in pan and allow to cook approx. 5 minutes per side. Test to make sure they reach 165°F internal temperature.
For grill: Preheat grill to high. Gently place burgers on grill and heat each side 3-5 minutes. Again, make sure they reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
Serve as desired and refrigerate leftovers.
- These turkey burgers were made with an 85% lean ground turkey. I find the flavor is better, they are juicier and a little fat is a good thing. I have never really enjoyed the super lean ground turkeys.
- These can be cooked stove top in the frying pan or on the grill. I am certain you could cook them in the oven as well but I have not tested them that way yet so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction!
- Make sure your sun-dried tomatoes are in oil. You can try to let any excess oil drip off, but you will want the kind that comes in a jar.
- Can you make these burgers ahead of time? Absolutely! I say that is even better because it allows the seasoning extra time to sink in!
Calories: 216kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 604mg | Potassium: 690mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 576IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 2mg