Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili
Nothing beats a bowl of chili on a cold day! This Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili is full of flavor and the perfect cozy meal for the family. Put everything in the crock pot in the morning and come back later to dinner!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
- 3 large sweet potatoes skin removed and cut into cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
- 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 bell pepper, diced (any color works!)
- 1 medium zucchini (optional) chopped
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T chili powder
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste (I add about 1/2 tsp each)
Combine all ingredients into slow cooker. Cook on high 4-6 hours or low 6-8 hours or until sweet potatoes are soft.
Optional: In order to get a thicker consistency, I spoon out about 1-2 cups of chili and blend it in the blender until smooth. Then I put them back into the slow cooker and stir. This makes the chili nice and thick. Feel free to add ground turkey or beef as well.
Serve with shredded cheese, avocado or a bit of cilantro. This is even better the second day so leftovers are a bonus!
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Potassium: 1238mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 12118IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 6mg