Breakfast doesn’t get much easier than these Banana Oat Blender Pancakes. Toss everything in the blender and pour straight on the griddle. A wholesome, simple recipe that everyone will enjoy for breakfast!
Today’s topic: Banana Oat Pancakes
I find that being in the kitchen is a form of therapy for me at times. I enjoy the art of creating. So this morning, the kitchen is exactly where I began my day. What do we want in the morning? Pancakes, of course!
So I started to play.
The first try didn’t go so well. I made a few attempts with one flavor but it wasn’t right, the texture just wasn’t there. Then, I realized I had one last banana that was looking pretty ripe. Perfect!
A couple months ago, I tried a recipe for banana oat pancakes that promised the best pancakes ever with just three ingredients. I was a bit skeptic, but gave it a try with just oats, an egg and a banana.
The end result was my husband not too thrilled. I decided to take those key ingredients and then spice things up to get a better flavor and texture.
I was much more pleased with the way that these Banana Oat Blender Pancakes turned out. Breakfast was quite delicious this morning, and other than the one botched recipe, fairly easy.
Blender pancake are seriously the real deal!
Doesn’t get much better than tossing all of your ingredients into the blender, and then pouring it right onto the griddle, right?
What do I love most about these Blender Pancakes?
- They use up super ripe bananas. Any way to use produce that is about to go bad always feels so good.
- They freeze well. Love making several batches of these and storing them in the freezer for easy breakfasts when we are in a rush.
- Best of all though: they are kid friendly! My toddler loves these–and he considers himself to be quite a critic of pancakes. If they are not up to par, he will not eat them.
Some things to note when making these banana oat blender pancakes:
- This blender pancake recipe makes about 6 pancakes, depending on the size you make yours. If you have lots of mouths to feed, I suggest doubling or tripling the recipe.
- Can you make these pancakes gluten free? You most certainly can! Use gluten free rolled oats and you are good to go!
- I typically use whole milk when I make these. I find the flavor to be best for our taste. I have also used unsweetened vanilla almond milk and loved them as well.
- If you want these pancakes to be a bit sweeter aside from the sweetness you get from the bananas, add in a teaspoon or two of your favorite sweetener.
- Lots of fun ways to enjoy these aside from the traditional butter and syrup. Consider spreading your favorite nut butter or peanut butter all over them. Top with some vanilla yogurt. A nice berry compote or even some jam is great. And don’t forget some fresh berries!
Hope you enjoy these soon!
LOOKING FOR MORE FUN BREAKFAST RECIPES? TRY THESE!
- BLUEBERRY BAKED FRENCH TOAST MUFFINS
- ZUCCHINI BREAD PANCAKES
- STRAWBERRY CRUMBLE MUFFINS
- CARROT CAKE BAKED DONUTS
- TRIPLE VANILLA DONUTS WITH MAPLE GLAZE
- EASY HOMEMADE POP TARTS
- COCONUT ALMOND CRUSTED FRENCH TOAST
- CHERRY ALMOND PANCAKES
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Banana Oat Blender Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oats
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c milk of choice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon more to taste
- Optional: chopped pecans or walnuts
- Process oats in food processor until they become a flour consistency. (This may take a bit of time, but if you don’t process to a flour, pancakes will be gritty.)
- Add in banana and egg. Process until a smooth texture.
- Add in milk, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Process until combined. If they seem thick with just the 1/4 cup milk, add a touch more!
- Warm up the griddle and use whatever oil, butter or ghee to grease it up and then spoon batter to form pancakes. Add walnuts or pecans if desired. Wait until edges bubble and flip.
Hope you have a delicious breakfast!