This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie recipe is a simple and delicious treat when baking the real deal may not be on the agenda. Smooth and creamy and with just the right amount of spice, it will have you celebrating fall flavors all season!
Thanksgiving may be over, but pumpkin season is not! I could eat anything pumpkin year round, but I do love to keep it for the seasons that I am looking to be warm and cozy. I hope you got to enjoy the perfect slice of pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving! Now that Thanksgiving is over, I’m sure a little leftover pumpkin pie sounds really good right now, right?
Use up that leftover pumpkin with a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie!
Well, how about a Pumpkin Pie Smoothie? You can get that same cozy, spicy flavor packed into a thick, creamy, smoothie. Who can pass on that? Not me! While the weather outside doesn’t have me craving smoothies as much right now as I do in the spring and summer, I still make them from time to time.
And since I have plenty of pumpkin sitting around lately, adding it to the mix just made sense. And it was delicious!
A smoothie can easily taste a lot like dessert–no complaints here on that. And if the dessert is pumpkin pie, who wouldn’t want to sip on it!
This pumpkin pie smoothie is made for two, but it’s pretty simple to cut in half if it’s just for a single serving. Then again, maybe you want it all for yourself. And that is A. O. K. too.
Also, I have added spinach or greens to the mix before, but just be warned, the color is not the most impressive. It will not look so much like pumpkin pie anymore if you add it, but have at it if you want!
December is just a few days away, so that means peppermint chocolate EVERYTHING will be on my radar! I won’t completely forget about pumpkin, but I am a sucker for anything chocolate and mint…well, really anything chocolate is probably the reality. Enjoy!
What you will need to make this pumpkin pie smoothie:
- banana: for best results, use frozen banana. The way a frozen banana thickens up a smoothie is sooo much better than one that is room temperature.
- pumpkin: from a can or your own fresh purée, you choose.
- sweetener: I typically use a date or a bit of maple syrup. I find the maple gives the smoothie a bolder flavor.
- chia seeds: not entirely needed but chia seeds do add some protein and other goodies to your smoothie to give it a bit more power if you want it.
- milk: unsweetened vanilla almond milk is my go to. If not, I use whole milk.
- cinnamon: I don’t use sole pumpkin pie spice because I find the ready pumpkin spice from the grocery always lacks the right hint of cinnamon. I add a bit extra to round out the flavor.
- pumpkin pie spice
- ice: add ice as needed.
Fun Add ins and variations of this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie:
- Add a spoonful of almond or cashew butter. I wouldn’t suggest peanut butter as I am not sure the flavor would come out right.
- Add in some greens: spinach or kale. You will lose the pretty orange color. Consider yourself warned.
- Make it a smoothie bowl! Start with half the milk and use a tamper to help process the smoothie. Top with chopped pecans, granola, and even whipped cream!
- No pumpkin? You could use sweet potato or butternut squash purée if desired. They will still have a fall flavor and a pretty orange color.
- Pour your pumpkin pie smoothies into popsicle molds for a fun way to eat your smoothie!
Check out these other pumpkin recipes:
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 medjool date (or a couple tsp maple syrup) pitted
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish if desired with cinnamon and chopped pecans and enjoy immediately!