Mondays are always better with a sweet treat, right? And let’s be honest, everyday is better with a sweet treat!
After lunch and dinner, I almost always need a little something sweet to cap it all off. I typically have some sort of no bake bite in my house for this. While I love to bake, I also love things that take only a few minutes to make and are ready when I am ready to dig in.
I have been playing around a lot with these no bake cookies with cashews and have also been dabbling in chia jams. So recently, when I put the two together, things got real. And so I present to you these simple, real food ingredient No Bake Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies! These are certainly going to be my no go-to treat for a while and I hope that they will be yours as well.
You don’t necessarily have to use raspberries, You could easily use strawberries, blackberries or strawberries. You can also double the batch of jam and have some leftover for your toast!
No Bake Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 c raw cashews
- 3 T pure maple syrup
- 1/3 c shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of sea salt
- 1/2 c raspberries heaping
- 1/2 T pure maple or honey
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- In a small bowl, mash raspberries thoroughly.
- Stir in maple and lemon juice.
- Add chia seeds and stir to coat.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for at least 45 minutes to an hour. The longer the better!
- In a food processor, process cashews until fine and grainy.
- Add in maple, vanilla, sea salt and coconut and process until a dough begins to form.
- Chill or about 15 minutes
- After dough is chilled, roll into small balls and then press the center in to make thumbprint hole.
- Once jam is ready, fill thumbprint and spread on each cookie.
- Eat and enjoy! Chill any leftovers.