I did something pretty crazy today, something not like myself. I woke up at 5 am. Why? I asked myself the same thing. I did it to meet a friend at a workout class. The most stunning thing about the whole situation is that I actually did it. I proved to myself that even I can roll out of bed before the sun comes up and do something physical.
However, my steam ran out pretty quickly today so I am going to make this one short and sweet.
If you like anything pumpkin spice, and you have five minutes, then you NEED to make these. You place the ingredients in a food processor, process and then press into a pan. Magic? No, I promise you, it is for real. On a day like today, this treat was a nice little pick me up with an energy boost from the cacao and dark chocolate…or perhaps that was just the extra cup of coffee!
My eyelids are slowly falling, so I will leave you with the recipe! Good night and enjoy!
No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Brownies
- 2 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 9-10 medjool dates pitted
- 2 T pumpkin puree
- dash of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice cloves and ginger (more to taste)
- Dash of nutmeg
- In a food processor, process pecans until very fine and oils begin to release slightly.
- Add all other ingredients and process until a dough begins to form.
- Press dough firmly into a parchment lined baking pan (approx 6x8)
- Chill for 10-20 minutes before cutting.