All you need is 5 minutes and you will have this gooey, delicious maple fried bananas. Sweet and caramelized in minutes and so versatile. A treat in itself or pair it with your favorite ice cream!
Recently I was at the grocery and noticed a local ice cream brand had a new gelato flavor: Bananas Foster. While I was not completely sold on this in gelato form, it piqued my interest. After I got home, I set out on the easiest cooking adventure ever.
Seriously, I am pretty sure it is impossible to mess this one up. Promise. Some of my friends always joke that everything I say is so simple is 10 times harder than what I say, but not this one. It’s so easy!
At night, after dinner, I like to have a little something sweet. It doesn’t have to be anything extravagant, but I do love a little treat. These are my newest go to. With only a handful of ingredients and bananas being the main ingredient, you can’t go wrong!
The bananas get a nice brown, crispy outer layer and the maple adds just the right amount of sweetness. Toss a dash of cinnamon over these as well to shake things up a bit. These Maple Fried Bananas are done in no time and are perfect on their own or over a little bit of natural vanilla ice cream or with some Dairy Free Whipped Cream on top.
And for my oatmeal fans, there is an overnight oats recipe that just might be including some of these bananas… stay tuned!
How to serve these maple fried bananas:
- I would like to say over ice cream is the only way to go, but I will say it is at least the best way to eat them. Vanilla ice cream pairs so perfectly with these crispy sweet, caramelized bananas.
- Top your morning oatmeal with these fried bananas and you will be starting your day right!
- A yogurt and granola combo with fried bananas is another perfect way to go.
- A giant dollop of whipped cream sounds perfect to pair with these bananas as well.
- Instead of strawberry shortcake, try a maple fired banana shortcake. Grab the pre-made shortcakes and some whipped cream and you are set for a stupid easy dessert!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
5 Minute Fried Bananas
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 T 100 % pure maple syrup or honey
- In a frying pan, heat coconut oil.
- Place bananas into pan and allow to cook evenly for about 1 1/2-2 minutes.
- Flip one banana slice to check for a golden brown color. Flip the bananas when browned.
- Cook for another 1 1/2 -2 minutes.
- Pour maple syrup over the bananas. Remove pan from heat and stir to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately with chopped nuts or even a dash of cinnamon.