This simple Watermelon Frose recipe is going to be the perfect refreshing summer drink you need! Just pop everything into the blender and you are all set. Rosé, watermelon, a hint of lime and a touch of peach schnapps will make this your summer drink!
Earlier this week I brought you something for the grill so now it’s time to bring you something for your glass! Happy 4th of July week from me to you.
The frose trend (frozen rosé) went full on last year and somehow I did not jump on the bandwagon right away. Why? Not a clue. Maybe I thought I wouldn’t like it, but that can’t be it. What’s not to love about an adult slushie?
I guess I’m not a trendsetter, or maybe I’m just a little behind on things. It’s ok though, because this Watermelon Frose recipe has me making up for all the lost time!
What to do with the biggest watermelon ever?
This recipe really came about because I didn’t want to waste any of the biggest watermelon that I had ever seen. Anthony grabbed one at the grocery that was ginormous. Sam and I love watermelon, but this was a LOT of watermelon. So I was getting really creative in the kitchen.
I re-shot one of my favorite recipes, this Watermelon Avocado Salad with Feta. Then Sam and I devoured some for snacks for the week. Somehow though, the amount of watermelon did not seem to lessen. There was only one thing to do: make watermelon frose. (Ok, ok, there were lots of other things to do, but that sounded like a fun thing to try.)
It was one of those recipes where I pretty much stood there and thought, a little of this, a little of that…and let’s see how this goes!
And things went verrrrry well.
The watermelon in this drink makes it so refreshing. That is key. It really quenches your thirst. A nice hint of lime, and some Peach Schnapps give your average frozen rosé a unique flavor that will surely make this recipe the one you come back to for every party, every BBQ and even for those relaxing summer nights on the patio. At least I know I will!
What you need to make this Watermelon Frose:
I made this using a half bottle of Rosé. This allows you to easily adjust to your needs. Big crowd? Double it. Like yours a bit stronger? Add a touch more wine.
I like making it as a smaller batch since it’s usually just me drinking it. Anthony is not much of a watermelon fan so when I make this, it’s all me!
- Rosé: Choose your favorite! I used a pinot noir rose for a richer flavor since the flavor is diluted a bit, but honestly, go with what you love!
- Peach Schnapps: This is key in the recipe. It’s what gives the Watermelon Frose a fun twist. I highly recommend that you do not skip this!
- Lime: A good squeeze and then some extra to garnish.
- Watermelon: Cube it up, freeze it and let the games begin!
How do I make this Watermelon Frose?
Did I mention how stupid simple this Watermelon Frosé is to make?? We are talking a short list of items:
- Freeze the watermelon
- Toss everything into the blender
- Blend and pour.
Such a perfect refreshing cocktail that is made with minimal effort. You will be on the patio with your feet propped up in no time with a cold one in your hand.
Looking for other delicious summer drinks to sip on? Try these:
- 1/2 Bottle Rosé wine (1/2 of a 750mL bottle)
- 3-4 c frozen watermelon cubes (freeze for at least 3 hours)
- 1/4 c Peach Schnapps
- Juice of half a lime
- Add all ingredients into a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until smooth. Add more wine for desired thickness if needed.
- Pour to serve or store in the freezer in a freezer safe container and thaw later. Garnish with extra lime slices.