Fresh avocado, juicy mango, cilantro and more make this simple fresh salsa a great addition to any meal or a delicious snack. This Mango Avocado Salsa is an easy way to add some extra flavor to your day!
Things are heating up this weekend, looks like summer is coming in hot! Tis the season for BBQs, nights on the patio, bathing suits and more. When it comes to BBQs, you never want to show up empty handed, right? And you also want to bring something that is guaranteed to be gone in a flash—yea, a little bit of ego is nice every now and then, right?
This Mango Avocado Salsa is what you will want to show up with this summer. A little bit of sweet with a little bit of heat makes this the perfect combination. And did I mention how easy this is to toss together?
You can use fresh mangoes, however sometimes they just aren’t ripe in the time you need them. In that case, thaw frozen mango chunks and then cut into smaller pieces. If you are not a big fan of heat, opt for a green chile instead of a jalapeño.
Either is just fine. Other than that, get ready to scoop this up chip by chip! Or, scoop it over a nice piece of grilled salmon! The choice is yours!
What you need to make this Mango Avocado Salsa:
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Lime Juice
How to serve this Mango Avocado Salsa:
- Obviously always make sure there are chips nearby for this dip!
- I love this Mango Avocado Salsa on top of grilled chicken. It is the perfect compliment to any grilled meat. Shrimp is great to with this salsa.
- Add it on top of a taco salad. It will be a perfect dinner!
- Add this also into these Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls. It will kick them up a notch.
- Speaking of taco night–oh wait, I didn’t say a thing about tacos. Oh well, now that we have tacos on the brain, add some mango avocado salsa to these Instant Pot Carnitas. Again, keep chips on the side as well!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
- 3 c mango diced
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 jalapeño or green chile seeded and diced
- 1 lime
- 1/4 c diced red onion
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
Remove skin from avocado and cut into small bite sized pieces.
Add to medium mixing bowl.
Combine avocado, mango, onion, and jalapeño (or chile) and gently stir to combine.
Add juice of lime, olive oil, red wine vinegar, crushed red pepper, sea salt and pepper and stir to coat.
Add in cilantro and stir to combine.
Chill for about 15 minutes or longer before serving.