Hearty oats, juicy apples and plenty of cinnamon make these Apple Oatmeal Pancakes the perfect easy breakfast! Fluffy and full of flavor, all you have to do is pop everything in the blender! This pancake recipe is great for all of your brunching fun.
Apple Oatmeal Pancakes: Let the weekend begin!
Weekends are made for breakfast. And breakfast was made for pancakes. Light, fluffy, maple drizzled perfection is just what a Saturday or Sunday morning needs. Since maple syrup is one of my favorite things in the entire world, it only seems natural that I would love pancakes almost just as much.
There was a time however when you would never have caught me eating pancakes. In my mind, pancakes were not considered healthy, and beyond just the fact that they typically are made with refined flour. I made myself choose the healthier breakfast options on the menu for years and years when I had brunch with family or friends.
That really is the danger of living a life with all of the food rules. You deprive and deprive yourself. You put foods in good and bad categories whether they are logical or not. And then, when you eat from the “bad” list, you find yourself guilty and ashamed.
The cycle of it is no fun at all. The restriction and deprivation in the end turns into one big ado when you finally let your guard down and “let” yourself have what you have kept at bay. At that point, you go from one pancake, to eating the entire batch.
Long story short:
Pancakes are not “bad” or unhealthy.
You really can have your cake and eat it too. And you can have them any way you like! One of the things I like to do is use oats as my base for a lot of pancakes.
Have your pancakes and eat them too!
Rolled oats can be broken down into a nice flour. This allows the option also to have gluten free pancakes if you need to avoid gluten for any reason. Another thing I like to add to my pancakes is fruit. Berries, bananas or in this case, apples, add some extra wholesome goodness while also adding a bit of natural sweetness to the hotcakes.
Other than that, an egg, milk of choice and a few other add ins and you are all set for a hearty breakfast. Don’t forget the maple though! Or whatever your favorite pancake topping may be!
These Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes are easily mixed and ready with the use of a blender. They cook up nice and fluffy, and stack perfectly if you ask me! It’s always nice to mix things up when it comes to pancakes so also feel free to add some chopped pecans or walnuts as well! Not a maple fan? A drizzle of almond butter is always nice as well!
Can I make these Apple Oatmeal Pancakes vegan?
You sure can! Use a flax egg in place of the regular egg by whisking together one tablespoon of flax meal with three tablespoons of water. Chill in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes so it becomes gel-like. Use plant based milk and then you will have yourself a vegan stack of apple oat pancakes.
What you need to make these Apple Oatmeal Pancakes:
- Rolled oats or oat flour: Making your own oat flour is soooo simple and much more cost effective.
- Milk: I switch back and forth between whole and almond milk. It always just depends on what I have or what needs to be used up.
- Apple: gala or fuji for me, every time. But use your favorite for sure!
- Cinnamon: My favorite spice. I add it all and more!
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This adds some extra fluff to your pancakes by reacting with the milk and other ingredients. You can always take some extra fluff in your cakes, right?!
- Baking Powder: Make sure it’s fresh. This is an overlooked ingredient and it often sits for long periods of time in the pantry. If it’s not fresh, it will impact anything you use it in.
- Oil: I typically go with melted coconut oil or canola oil.
- Maple Syrup: These are pancakes. Pancakes need maple. Always, always, ALWAYS.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES? CHECK THESE OUT!
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Split Muffins
- Banana Oat Blender Pancakes
- Double Chocolate Blender Pancakes — Chocolate for breakfast never ever gets old!
- Blueberry Baked French Toast Muffins— These are a MUST try if you love anything sweet on the go in your mornings.
- Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats–one of my absolute favorites!
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
- 2 cups rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 3/4 c milk of choice
- 1 apple I used Gala
- 1/2 T cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 T pure maple syrup
- 1 T oil (canola or melted coconut oil)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
In a food processor or high powered blender, process the oats until a flour consistency.
Transfer flour to a mixing bowl.
In a blender, add all other ingredients and blend until smooth and combined.
Add the flour to the mixture and pulse or mix to combine. (You don't have to use the blender for this, you could also pour the mixture into the bowl with the flour and stir to combine!)
Pour desired amount for each pancake over a griddle or pan at about medium to medium high heat.
Heat until bubbles form all around the edges of the pancakes and then flip.
Cook to desired golden brown.
Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
These can be frozen as well if you make batches to save for later on as a quick healthy breakfast option!