I’m sure you’ve heard a thousand times that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This isn’t a problem for me as I love breakfast food. I could eat it morning, noon and night. But the problem I find in my own diet is that I eat the same thing day in and day out. I could personally eat a bowl of oats every day for breakfast for the rest of my life and be content. But part of balance and nutrition is just that. Balance. It’s a good thing to eat a variety of foods, to get out of the rut. So I have been experimenting with breakfast recipes to help get me out of my rut for a bit.
I continue to be intrigued by flourless baked goods. It just doesn’t make sense, but then I make them and I am blown away! These Flourless Banana Blender Mini Muffins are just that. No flour. No sugar. How can this be? As always, I know if the hubby asks for seconds then the recipe is a success. Anthony didn’t just ask for seconds with these, he even asked to take some to work for breakfast the next several days. Huge win for me I must say!
These muffins have the fluffy, moist texture of your favorite banana bread, but they also have a short list of real food ingredients that will make your breakfast balanced and wholesome. And did I mention that all you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into a blender and you are all set to go? Pretty amazing! I have said several times that I am not a fan of honey but I used honey instead of maple syrup in this recipe and really liked them. Feel free to use maple syrup instead if you prefer. A flax egg should work instead of a regular egg but make sure to really let it set before blending into the mix. Cashew butter or possibly even peanut butter could be subbed for the almond butter. You really can’t go wrong as long as you use a nut butter.
Feel free to enjoy these mini muffins any time of day! Just switch up the routine for a bit and shake things up!
Flourless Banana Blender Mini Muffins
- 1 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 egg or flax egg
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 T honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 T vanilla extract
- 1/2 - 1 T cinnamon
- 1/3 c Chopped Pecans
- Dash of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a high powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients aside from the pecans.
- Blend thoroughly until smooth and combined.
- Add in about 1/2 of the pecans and stir. (you can transfer the batter to a smaller container that pours easily.
- Line a mini muffin pan with muffin liners or grease the entire pan thoroughly.
- Pour batter into each muffin liner until about 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle several of the chopped pecans on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in with no residue left behind.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.