No bake? Always a winning recipe! These simple No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars are rich and chewy with hearty oats and sweetened with delicious maple syrup. A simple after school treat or fun recipe to make together.
If there is a saying out there that starts with “A buckeye a day…” I would like to know!
Certainly, there isn’t a doctor condoning such dietary habits, but I would be happy with it no doubt! I could seriously live on peanut butter and chocolate–it’s the truth. A day without peanut butter especially is unheard of for me! Don’t believe me? Check all of these recipes out!
Do you remember those no bake chocolate peanut butter cookies your mom may have made as a kid? I remember being blown away by the fact that we could make a cookie without the oven. The original recipe usually has you spooning the little cookies into blob like pieces. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars basically are the same concept but I find them much prettier.
To be honest, these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars can be made into cookies or even rolled into balls. I just thought the bars looked a little more presentable. You can also use any kind of nut butter or even sunflower seed butter. Feel free to use regular or gluten free oats. Also, while I used dark chocolate chips, it’s not a must. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.
Things to Note about these Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars:
- I use natural creamy peanut butter. I find it is always nice and drippy and never dry. That is ideal for any recipe like this. However, since you are heating the peanut butte in this recipe, you may be ok still with a no stir peanut butter. It may be a little bit thicker and more dry.
- Almond Butter works great as well as cashew butter. I haven’t tried it with sunflower seed butter buy I imagine that would be great as well.
- Make sure to use rolled oats and not quick cooking oats. They will be really dry if you use the quick oats I believe.
- All about that drizzle! These are great with a nice peanut butter drizzle! I think it makes them look extra fancy as well.
DID YOU MAKE ONE OF MY RECIPES? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW! I ALSO LOVE TO SEE YOUR LEMONS + ZEST RECIPES ON SOCIAL MEDIA–TAG ME @LEMONSANDZEST ON INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK!
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats regular or gluten free
- 1/2 c natural creamy peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 T cocoa powder
- 3 T coconut oil or butter
In a small sauce pan, combine peanut butter, maple, vanilla, coconut oil, and dark chocolate chips.
Heat at med-low heat stirring constantly until chocolate chips are melted.
Remove from heat and stir in cocoa powder.
Pour mixture over oats in a mixing bowl and stir to coat oats.
Press the mixture firmly into a small baking dish lined with parchment. I use an 6x8 pan or bread pan for extra thick bars.You can also roll into balls, flatten into cookies.
Chill for about 30 minutes before cutting.